• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas - easement - want to remove tree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crom1004

Texas

my property is adjacent to easement and I have to maintain the easement, have three trees which is on the easement and I would like remove it, I am not sure what legal rights do I have to remove it, or whom do I need to check with, I did check with city's neighborhood services and they are not sure either. I do not have HOA was dissolved before I moved in. So can I cut to trees down?

LdiJ

Texas

my property is adjacent to easement and I have to maintain the easement, have three trees which is on the easement and I would like remove it, I am not sure what legal rights do I have to remove it, or whom do I need to check with, I did check with city's neighborhood services and they are not sure either. I do not have HOA was dissolved before I moved in. So can I cut to trees down?
Do you own the land the easement is on and someone else has the right to use it, or does someone else own the land the easement is on and you have the right to use it? What is the easement for? Why do you want to remove the trees?

crom1004

Do you own the land the easement is on and someone else has the right to use it, or does someone else own the land the easement is on and you have the right to use it? What is the easement for? Why do you want to remove the trees?
I do believe I do own it, my plat show that is 15' easement and part of my plat, easement is adjacent to street, not neighborhood street, but two lane street.
Easement is northwest side and it does not get sun until late afternoon, because fence and building, so I have erosion problem also tree limbs are extending to street and need to trim up every year, due to the fact I have to maintain the easement this is cost more for maintenance and re-sod every other year.

by the way thank you very much for quick response.

LdiJ

I do believe I do own it, my plat show that is 15' easement and part of my plat, easement is adjacent to street, not neighborhood street, but two lane street.
Easement is northwest side and it does not get sun until late afternoon, because fence and building, so I have erosion problem also tree limbs are extending to street and need to trim up every year, due to the fact I have to maintain the easement this is cost more for maintenance and re-sod every other year.

by the way thank you very much for quick response.
Ok, so is this an easement for utilities or for future road widening or what? If these trees are edging the street, then you may have local ordinances about those trees. You need to consult with your municipality regarding whether or not you are permitted to remove the trees.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">