• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Theft of property never investigaged.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nawtqt

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas.
In 2008 my 12X20 storage shed was illegally entered into and everything I own was stolen, including a riding lawn tractor. This was reported back in March 2008 to the Sheriff's office, plenty of time before the Statute of Limitations ran out. When I didn't hear anything from them I began calling and when I could I would go by their office. I took them photographs of the missing items and filled them in on all the details regarding the theft and the people who was possibly involved as best I could. They then had reason to at least question some of those people. However, the did not. They did stop by my shed and took an air tank with them which had fingerprints on it to get it checked out. I never heard anything back and they never returned the air tank. :confused:To date they still have not questioned anyone about anything. The other day I was online at Data Scout and looked up the address of a person I feel was involved in the theft. Low and behold there was a photograph posted by the county tax assessor dated 2010 of my lawn tractor sitting under the awning of that persons home. Yes, it is my lawn tractor and I have no doubt about it. Yes, I gave the Sheriff's Dept. the serial number. And no, they have not gone out and checked this out and I would like to know why. Why won't they do anything? :confused:Everything I own is gone and the thief is getting away with it. They act as if my case is not important enough and like they simply forget about it the minute I leave their office. Is there anyone else I can talk to about this and maybe get something done? Thank you.:mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">