• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Title Co. responsibility during Boundary dispute?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bgranelli

I am in New Jersey.

I am in the middle of an ugly boudary dispute. My survey if different the my neighbors. I am 2 days away from a closing that is now delayed! Does my title company cover the attorney fees thus far that I have spent trying to resolve this?

Thanks for any assistance offered.

Cedrus

Read every word of your title insurance Policy. I'll bet there is an exception excluding boundary markers/disputes. However, it would not hurt to talk to the title company. You might find a sympathetic ear.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

I am in New Jersey.

I am in the middle of an ugly boudary dispute. My survey if different the my neighbors. I am 2 days away from a closing that is now delayed! Does my title company cover the attorney fees thus far that I have spent trying to resolve this?

**A: what did your attorney say about this?

nextwife

I am in New Jersey.

Do you have survey coverage in your title policy?

bgranelli

Primary issuie on hand is now that surveys have been "off" for years in this area. Evidently my survey is right. Unfiortunately the issue of the surveys being "off" has now shifted my back yard into my neighbors property? This is true believe it or not.

scooter2020

Call the Title company

Hey... You need to call the title company.
If you are a buyer, the title policy you are purchasing may only cover the lender for the loan amount and may not cover you at all. If you haven't closed and your spending money on property you don't own, it'll probably be at your expense.
If you are a seller, the title company should really be involved - how else can they insure the property?!
Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">