• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tort example help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

unknownlawyer

I'm new to this could somone please help me in understanding this general tort example bearing in mind that this is pure tort no contract insurance..etc

Exceptionally heavy rain over a long period of time causes flooding in a region of England. This results in the
run-off of agricultural chemicals and pesticides from land belonging to steve, who farms in the region. As a
result, a local river and surrounding land is polluted. Flooding from steve’s land also causes a large quantity of
diesel fuel from rusty and leaking tanks on his farm to be dispersed into the surrounding area. now steve faces the
following claims for compensation from:

- residents of a nearby housing estate. They are claiming for damage to plants and trees in
their gardens and to their houses caused by the pesticides, chemicals and diesel fuel in
the flood water;

-the owner of The Angler’s Arms, a public house near the river, for loss of revenue. Most of
the customers at the public house are anglers, and their numbers have declined sharply
since the river was polluted.

Steve says that none of this is his fault as he cannot control the weather and, in any event, he has been
farming the land for 35 years, while the housing estate was developed only five years ago. He says that the
residents knew his farm was there and should have bought houses somewhere else if they did not like living
in the countryside.

My Q is to which, if at all, steve is liable for each of the two types of claims made against him.
what kind of torts that steve may have committed

How can i know the lead to which tort the example is tackling ?

quincy

In addition to what OHR said, we are a site that handles US law questions only. For assistance with your questions, you will have to seek out help in your area of the world.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">