• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tree branches hanging over a fence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fieraci

barbed wire is illegal in residential land here.

It may be in your town/city/stste as well. Look into it, and you can hold it over thier heads, or make them remove it if they bust your chops about the trees.
I just had a frakas with my neighbor (posted here) about his tree ROOTS. Never got a legal answer, but I had done so much damage cutting roots while I had his consent, that the tree was in danger of falling on his house and he took it down. I offered him som money toward the removal as long as the stump grinding guy grinded my roots, but he didn't do that so I ain't giving him squat. Cost me less to hire a stump guy than the money I offered.

HomeGuru

fieraci said:
It may be in your town/city/stste as well. Look into it, and you can hold it over thier heads, or make them remove it if they bust your chops about the trees.
I just had a frakas with my neighbor (posted here) about his tree ROOTS. Never got a legal answer, but I had done so much damage cutting roots while I had his consent, that the tree was in danger of falling on his house and he took it down. I offered him som money toward the removal as long as the stump grinding guy grinded my roots, but he didn't do that so I ain't giving him squat. Cost me less to hire a stump guy than the money I offered.

**A: good grief fireassi, learn to spell will you. And you closed your thread you idiot, that is why you never got the legal answer.

D

demosthenes

rutica said:
Did you actually see the 10 year old do the damage to your yard?

You are assuming that the neighbor told their kid to come to your yard. But, maybe the kid was just bored and felt like playing in a yard without junk so she left her yard and came to your place. You call it vandalism, she calls it playing.
Yes I did. I heard a noise in the backyard, and went to see what was going on. I saw a 10 year old girl with a pole in her hand, dragging the pole back and forth in the little box of dirt that is in the backyard, and which contains weeds. Then I looked to the right, and I saw a woman who looked to be about 40 years old, LAYING DOWN ON THE GROUND, so she could not be seen from the other side of the fence, moving her hand back and forth in a raking motion, indicating to the 10 year old girl how to use the pole. After about 30 seconds of this, I saw the girl climb over the fence, and her and the 40 year old lady walk away. I didn't see her throw the branches from the corner to the middle of the backyard, and I didn't see her break this tiny tree that was growing on the right side of the backyard, but it's pretty obvious to me that she did all the damage herself, at the direction of the 40 year old.

And yesterday, when I went out to pick up the mess they had made, the people who live on the other side of the fence told me they saw a 10 year old girl holding a pole, raking it back and forth in the dirt, at the exact same time I saw her doing it.

So there are 2 witnesses to the vandalism of the little girl.

gryndor

rutica said:
Did you actually see the 10 year old do the damage to your yard?

You are assuming that the neighbor told their kid to come to your yard. But, maybe the kid was just bored and felt like playing in a yard without junk so she left her yard and came to your place. You call it vandalism, she calls it playing.
Rutica,

All of your posts have no relevance. You seem to post concerning what should be and not what is.

You really de-rail a post whenever you comment, and I'm really sick of you interrupting the people who actually comment on law, and confusing the OP.

Haven't you been accused of being "stuck in a rutica" enough? Quit advising people when you obviously have nothing legal to add.

Cripes

HomeGuru

gryndor said:
Rutica,

All of your posts have no relevance. You seem to post concerning what should be and not what is.

You really de-rail a post whenever you comment, and I'm really sick of you interrupting the people who actually comment on law, and confusing the OP.

Haven't you been accused of being "stuck in a rutica" enough? Quit advising people when you obviously have nothing legal to add.

Cripes
**A: very good post. And full of facts too.

rutica

gryndor: why don't you concentrate on answering the poster's questions and not concentrate on what i have to say. you don't own this forum and i can write what i want. if you don't like it, then just ignore it. i'm not writing for your benefit. you should see a professional to deal with all your anger.

gryndor

rutica said:
gryndor: why don't you concentrate on answering the poster's questions and not concentrate on what i have to say. you don't own this forum and i can write what i want. if you don't like it, then just ignore it. i'm not writing for your benefit. you should see a professional to deal with all your anger.
I don't have anger issues. I am sick of reading through legal info and then tripping over your gross lack of anything useful. If my post makes anyone think about your relevance to the topic then my job is done.

Get out of your rutica and move on. :rolleyes:

rutica

Demosthenes: it sounds like your neighbors are cowards! wow. they send a kid over like that while she lies on the ground hiding. i can't believe it.

If I were you, next time i see the little girl outside by herself, i would ask her very nicely, did you come into my backyard last week? See what she says.

Have they mentioned the branches? Keep us up to date.

PS-Gryndor, i'm ignoring you. and next time you read something you don't like, i suggest you do the same thing.

Last edited:

rutica

HomeGuru: That sounds like a threat. Well, according to the Terms of Service, threatening others is a no-no.

but anyway, on what grounds do you think i should be removed? based on what gryndor says that my comments aren't legally relevant? how about your recent response of "Oh zark are you from the ozarks?" in another thread. how relevant is that?

HomeGuru

rutica said:
HomeGuru: That sounds like a threat. Well, according to the Terms of Service, threatening others is a no-no.

**A: hahaha, I did not threaten to kill you dufus. Man your brain is stuck in a rutica.

but anyway, on what grounds do you think i should be removed?

**A: simple, on the grounds that you are an idiot.
based on what gryndor says that my comments aren't legally relevant?

**A: yes, that also.
how about your recent response of "Oh zark are you from the ozarks?" in another thread. how relevant is that?

**A: not legally relevant at all.

D

demosthenes

rutica said:
Demosthenes: it sounds like your neighbors are cowards! wow. they send a kid over like that while she lies on the ground hiding. i can't believe it.

If I were you, next time i see the little girl outside by herself, i would ask her very nicely, did you come into my backyard last week? See what she says.

Have they mentioned the branches? Keep us up to date.

PS-Gryndor, i'm ignoring you. and next time you read something you don't like, i suggest you do the same thing.

Hi Rutica,
Noone has mentioned anything, and no more vandalism, so maybe the whole thing is forgotten. I'll see tomorrow when I hang up my shirts on the clothesline which caused me to remove the branches. If they pull down my shirts I'll know they are nuts.

HomeGuru

demosthenes said:
Hi Rutica,
Noone has mentioned anything, and no more vandalism, so maybe the whole thing is forgotten. I'll see tomorrow when I hang up my shirts on the clothesline which caused me to remove the branches. If they pull down my shirts I'll know they are nuts.

**A: shirts? Hang up the underwear.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">