• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tree damages fence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amyschmidt

What is the name of your state? texas

my neighbor's fence was damaged by a branch from my tree during a storm.my insurance company did not cover it since the tree is healthy and living.she chooses not to carry coverage for her home and property and wants me to pay for it.am i obligated to pay for it and can she win a small claims case against me?if i had the money i wouldn't mind helping to cover the cost of the repairs, but i am struggling to make ends meet as it is.i looked into an estimate for repairs which was $200, but she wants me to hire someone she knows for a total cost of $500.what should i do?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Let your insurance company handle it. If she sues you, give all of the information to your insurance company. They are obligated to provide your defense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">