• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tree fell on fence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

peskygnat21

I live in illinois. my neighbors fell on my fence last week (no storms or heavy winds).
it loks like part of it was rotten(the part that fell on my fence) he called his insurance company and told them what happened and they are calling it an act of god and will not pay for my fence to get repaired. because of that part of the tree being rotten can I sue him or his insurance company?

Banned_Princess

I live in illinois. my neighbors fell on my fence last week (no storms or heavy winds).
it loks like part of it was rotten(the part that fell on my fence) he called his insurance company and told them what happened and they are calling it an act of god and will not pay for my fence to get repaired. because of that part of the tree being rotten can I sue him or his insurance company?
no. you wont get anywhere if you sue the neighbor. you have to show he knew the tree was a threat, and did nothing. and if you didn't know, how would he know?

your homeowners insurance will take care of it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">