• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tree fell on road and my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fran l

What is the name of your state?NC During a storm a tree from a neighbors property fell across the road completly blocking the road. The road is owned by the landowners assoc. I went out and started to clear the roadway so the mail could be delivered and the other two homeowners could drive to the main rd. Also to allow emergency vehicles access if needed. As I was working to clear the road, one of the other property owners tried to drive out. They saw me working, backed up and never came to help. I billed the landowners assoc. and they stated I was not authorized to do the work and they would not pay. The same person who would not help sent the bill back. Living here ten years and when one of the other landowners billed for work done on the road he got paid. I was also nformed that I would have to remove the tree from my property as it was an eyesore. I contacted another neighbor who owned the tree and he had it removed. This harassment has been going on since 2002 when the neighbor moved here. He was annoyed that a small business I had for ten years in his opinion was in violation of the covenants even tho the other neighbors have never complained in ten yrs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">