• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tree leafs in neighbors swimming pool

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tom NE7X

What is the name of your state? Arizona

A new neighbor has moved in behind me last month and wants to install an outside swimming pool in his back yard. I have two tall 90 trees ~10 feet from the fence line and several of the main branches of the trees are hanging over on his side. He want to trim these tree branches not just to the fence line, but all the way back to the tree trunk. I fear cutting these main branches all the way to the tree trunk will not only disfigure the tree, it might also cause the trees to die. I am really not excited with cutting the branches all the way back to the tree trunk. Even if these branches are removed, when the wind blows there will still be leaves in his pool from the other tree branches. Trimming just several branches will only reduce, not eliminate leafs in his new pool. I feel my trees were there 20 years before his pool, plus the previous owner of his home had no issue with my trees. Matter of fact that owner actually enjoyed my trees.

Any suggestion on how I can compromise with my new neighbor?

Tom...

HomeGuru

Tom NE7X said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona

A new neighbor has moved in behind me last month and wants to install an outside swimming pool in his back yard. I have two tall 90 trees ~10 feet from the fence line and several of the main branches of the trees are hanging over on his side. He want to trim these tree branches not just to the fence line, but all the way back to the tree trunk. I fear cutting these main branches all the way to the tree trunk will not only disfigure the tree, it might also cause the trees to die. I am really not excited with cutting the branches all the way back to the tree trunk. Even if these branches are removed, when the wind blows there will still be leaves in his pool from the other tree branches. Trimming just several branches will only reduce, not eliminate leafs in his new pool. I feel my trees were there 20 years before his pool, plus the previous owner of his home had no issue with my trees. Matter of fact that owner actually enjoyed my trees.

Any suggestion on how I can compromise with my new neighbor?

Tom...
**A: he can only trim the branches up to his property line. Tell him to use a pool cover. They sell ones that could even support elephants.

kmo199

Whether cutting up to the property line or not, either way your trees will
be permanently disfigured. If trying to reason with him doesn't work,
tell him he shouldn't have bought the property if he had such intentions at the time too. Keep firm and watch out!

S

seniorjudge

"Any suggestion on how I can compromise with my new neighbor?"

Explain to him (politely) that debris naturally lands in any swimming pool and do what HG says too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">