• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tree root issue cont'd

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Konnersmama

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

Hello again:) I posted a while back:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=403602&highlight=konnersmama

We have an update....but before that, #1, we did not plant the trees and #2, we do care about damage to his house foundation:) #3 I talked to a lawyer and did what he advised.

We send a letter back to the neighbor saying we were ok with cutting back the damaging roots.....not a problem. ...but we also included where the trees could be safely cut. We expressed how we'd like to work things out so everyone's happy. We got a nasty letter back....he stated how our experts were wrong, his were right and he didn't care about any damage we suffered the work was being done asap by a certified arborist. Ok then.....but we got a packet from HIS arborist....his arborist gave us email exchanges to where the neighbor DEMANDS he send a fabricated report or he will sue him (the arborist) for it! We didn't ask for it, in fact we had no idea who he hired. The arborist gave us his report supporting us and our arborist's report....and informed us that the neighbor is basically bullying him to falsify the report. The arborist informed the neighbor he won't do the job b/c the neighbor won't allow him to do it safely and not kill the trees. We were very very surprised to get this information.....but now that I have this do we have a stronger case? I will again stress we are ok with cutting the roots back....safely and by a certified arborist....HE wants them down b/c we took out what he considered privacy bushes that were inside our fenced yard. The email exchanges between the neighbor and the arborist, along with his 3 page letter back to us in a way shows he's not rational.....this can all be done in a safe way but he won't have it.
So now we're not sure what to do....do we hire/consult a lawyer again? We really just want to work it all out....but now he was fabricated reports justifiying his decisions!
Thanks....and ask any questions.....I'm trying to type a 3 kids are running around playing:)

clch

It doesn't sound like there is really anything to work out with the neighbor. As you said and as his actions suggest, he is not rational...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">