• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tree trimming for free????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bruno04

What is the name of your state? PA.

My neighbor resides in NJ. He owns property next to me in PA. and frequents it about twice a month. I don't speak to him due to the fact that every time he comes to Pa. from NJ. he slams into my car before parking, Not causing damage, but just to piss me off. He was cited by the state police for this about 3yrs. ago ( $100.00 ), but continues to do it anyway, He owns a string of banks and properties in NJ. so the $100.00 was no issue to him. I told him several times about 10 yrs. ago that his trees were growing over my property line and he said he would take care of it........ a month later they are still overgrown and I took the liberty to pay someone to trim them back plus pay to get the waste hauled away. When he came in and saw his trees had been trimmed he contacted his lawyer, I received a letter saying that he wants reimbursement for his damaged expensive birch trees. He also mentioned in the letter about a brick wall that I damaged, it was only about 2 ft. tall and made of loose bricks stacked on top of one another. I responded to his attorney by saying I injured my back when I tripped and fell over the mentioned wall on his clients property and the case was magically dismissed. After that he built an 8 ft. high wooden privacy fence seperating the properties, now his tree branches hang over the fence about 4 to 6 feet on my property and hit me in the face every time I walk down my sidewalk to get to my driveway. I have continued trimming 3 of his trees for over 10 yrs. so I can walk on my sidewalk, I can't stand this guy and quite frankly I'm sick of taking care of his trees. Is there any way I can bill him for 10 yrs. of trimming and removing branches from his trees? Should I take pictures or video tape myself trimming these trees? Any response would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

Last edited:

Happy Trails

bruno04 said:
What is the name of your state? PA.

My neighbor resides in NJ. He owns property next to me in PA. and frequents it about twice a month. I don't speak to him due to the fact that every time he comes to Pa. from NJ. he slams into my car before parking, Not causing damage, but just to piss me off. He was cited by the state police for this about 3yrs. ago ( $100.00 ), but continues to do it anyway, He owns a string of banks and properties in NJ. so the $100.00 was no issue to him. I told him several times about 10 yrs. ago that his trees were growing over my property line and he said he would take care of it........ a month later they are still overgrown and I took the liberty to pay someone to trim them back plus pay to get the waste hauled away. When he came in and saw his trees had been trimmed he contacted his lawyer, I received a letter saying that he wants reimbursement for his damaged expensive birch trees. He also mentioned in the letter about a brick wall that I damaged, it was only about 2 ft. tall and made of loose bricks stacked on top of one another. I responded to his attorney by saying I injured my back when I tripped and fell over the mentioned wall on his clients property and the case was magically dismissed. After that he built an 8 ft. high wooden privacy fence seperating the properties, now his tree branches hang over the fence about 4 to 6 feet on my property and hit me in the face every time I walk down my sidewalk to get to my driveway. I have continued trimming 3 of his trees for over 10 yrs. so I can walk on my sidewalk, I can't stand this guy and quite frankly I'm sick of taking care of his trees. Is there any way I can bill him for 10 yrs. of trimming and removing branches from his trees? Should I take pictures or video tape myself trimming these trees? Any response would be appreciated. Thanks. :)
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=220598

bruno04

similar problem,,,,,,,,,but no one gives any answers to the questions presented. I want to know if anyone has ever been compensated for taking care of their neighbors trees, and if so,,,how they determined the amount to bill them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">