• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tree vs. fence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amyschmidt

What is the name of your state? texas
my neighbor's fence was damaged by a branch from my tree during a storm.my insurance would not cover the damage to her fence.now she is threatening to take me to small claims court for the repairs.she does not have insurance coverage on her home.am i responsible for the cost of repairs?:(

divgradcurl

What is the name of your state? texas
my neighbor's fence was damaged by a branch from my tree during a storm.my insurance would not cover the damage to her fence.now she is threatening to take me to small claims court for the repairs.she does not have insurance coverage on her home.am i responsible for the cost of repairs?:(
Was there anything about the branch or tree that would have lead you to believe that the branch could come off? In other words, was the branch dead or dying, or hanging loose? Is the tree diseased or dying?

Ozark_Sophist

No, you are not responsible for an act of god. Had the limb been diseased or dead, you might have some liability. If your neighbor does sue, she has to prove the tree limb was a hazard.

I believe SeniorJudge misread your question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">