• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trees at my neighbors boundaries

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

farooq

I live in NY state. My house is built in such a way that it is only few feet away from my neighbor's boundaries. My neighbor has trees on his boundaries which basically come on my side of the property, and cover my house. I have problem because the leaves fall on my roof gutters and block it. I donot get any sun in my house. My house is always in shade and my kids have pollen allergies. I spoke to my neighbor but he refused to do anything. I am worried that when it is heavy rain or wind, the trees would fall on my house. Can anybody advise me about my right and what can I do in this situation?

HomeGuru

I live in NY state. My house is built in such a way that it is only few feet away from my neighbor's boundaries. My neighbor has trees on his boundaries which basically come on my side of the property, and cover my house. I have problem because the leaves fall on my roof gutters and block it. I donot get any sun in my house. My house is always in shade and my kids have pollen allergies. I spoke to my neighbor but he refused to do anything. I am worried that when it is heavy rain or wind, the trees would fall on my house. Can anybody advise me about my right and what can I do in this situation?
**A: you have a right to trim the trees up to your property line.

cgarmik

Trees hanging over my property line

I have the same problem here in Georgia. My neighbor has 5 Bradford Pear Trees on his side of the property, but the branches hang over my property line and I have ask him several times to trim his trees. Last winter, one of the big main branches split and crashed onto his fence, less than 6 feet from my fence, luckily no damage was done to my property.

But, the fruit from the trees (small annoying berries) are dropping onto my vehicles and my driveway, staining everything with purple and red spots which do not come out very easily from the vehicle's paint or even the driveway. Pressure washing the driveway has been done to no avail.

I plan on trimming the tree branches on my side of the property, but I can not find any "Tree Laws" or a "Neighbors Law" in Georgia that would give me the right to trim the branches on my side of the property.

Any suggestions?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">