• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trespass and Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bestrong98

What is the name of your state? Missouri

My neighbor has continually mowed, trimmed trees, and sprayed weed-killer on my property. He has also torn down a fence that was on my property, tore up survey stakes, and cut out a corner post. The police have been called numerous times and each time stated they could do nothing about it. Since then survellience cameras have caoght him admitting to taking over the property by a hostile claim. Without the police to charge with trespass, what can I do?

The harassment comes in when he obtained a restraining order against me with a completely fabricated story. Well fine but now he yells profanities at me while my young children are in the yard and flips me off. Since he was afraid for his life and now trying to provoke me, is there a way to get the protection order lifted?

Shay-Pari'e

What is the name of your state? Missouri

My neighbor has continually mowed, trimmed trees, and sprayed weed-killer on my property. He has also torn down a fence that was on my property, tore up survey stakes, and cut out a corner post. The police have been called numerous times and each time stated they could do nothing about it. Since then survellience cameras have caoght him admitting to taking over the property by a hostile claim. Without the police to charge with trespass, what can I do?

The harassment comes in when he obtained a restraining order against me with a completely fabricated story. Well fine but now he yells profanities at me while my young children are in the yard and flips me off. Since he was afraid for his life and now trying to provoke me, is there a way to get the protection order lifted?
You had your day in court to contest the order.

RELawBunny

If the restraining order is issued on fallacious information, consult with an attorney in your area.

Give him (or her) all the facts, any documentation, evidence, photos, lists of witnesses, or any other pertinent information. Tell him everything. You have the right to file a request to revoke a restraining order!

If the court finds that the information is wrong on the original restraining order it can be rescinded!

If necessary an attorney can tell you what actions you can take to have the restraining order rescinded or nullified. This may involve filing a lawsuit, setting a hearing with the issuing judge, or counter filing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">