• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trespassing and Property Damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hoppy4u

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I tend to mind my own business and don't really know my neighbors very well as I have a very busy schedule which keeps me away 12 hrs a day during the week. I noticed over the weekend that in the back of my property where there are trees and brush that it was "open". Upon further investigation, someone has come unto my property and cleared trees and brush and created a pathway.

While taking pictures of this, a couple came through the path. I asked who they were, and they are the new neighbors in town. This path leads right to their property and crosses a few other properties besides mine. They have been seen riding in our backyard on their dirt bikes, and now this mystery path has appeared. I asked them if they cleared this and they started kicking limbs that have been cut down and ignored my question. What should I do? My spouse wants to keep the peace and let it go. However, I do not enjoy someone cutting down my trees and brush for a hiking path or a dirt bike path. They obviously do not care what they do, and I do not want any issues with them. I want this clearing to stop and keep people off my property. What is the best way to handle this? They obviously do this while we are at work. Do we file a police report?

Also, if they got hurt on our property, wouldn't my homeowners insurance have to cover it?:mad:

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I tend to mind my own business and don't really know my neighbors very well as I have a very busy schedule which keeps me away 12 hrs a day during the week. I noticed over the weekend that in the back of my property where there are trees and brush that it was "open". Upon further investigation, someone has come unto my property and cleared trees and brush and created a pathway.

While taking pictures of this, a couple came through the path. I asked who they were, and they are the new neighbors in town. This path leads right to their property and crosses a few other properties besides mine. They have been seen riding in our backyard on their dirt bikes, and now this mystery path has appeared. I asked them if they cleared this and they started kicking limbs that have been cut down and ignored my question. What should I do? My spouse wants to keep the peace and let it go. However, I do not enjoy someone cutting down my trees and brush for a hiking path or a dirt bike path. They obviously do not care what they do, and I do not want any issues with them. I want this clearing to stop and keep people off my property. What is the best way to handle this? They obviously do this while we are at work. Do we file a police report?

Also, if they got hurt on our property, wouldn't my homeowners insurance have to cover it?:mad:
**A: are there recorded easements? Why not construct a fence or wall.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">