• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trimming of neighbours tree which are touching my roof

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mizerak

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My neighbour's huge tree is touching my roof. I have requested him many times either to trim the tree or permit me to trim the tree which is on my property, paying the professionals on my own. He refuses and never responds to phone calls. Can you please tell me any laws in Texas which can help me so that I am willing to bear the expense of trimming the tree which come into my property so that I do not have to have a big expense when big winds hit the town. The city officials say that they cannot do anything and has to be dealt with the neighbour. Thanks

Cedrus

Keep the tree trimmers on your side of the property and take photos, before and after the job. Use a licensed firm.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My neighbour's huge tree is touching my roof. I have requested him many times either to trim the tree or permit me to trim the tree which is on my property, paying the professionals on my own. He refuses and never responds to phone calls. Can you please tell me any laws in Texas which can help me so that I am willing to bear the expense of trimming the tree which come into my property so that I do not have to have a big expense when big winds hit the town. The city officials say that they cannot do anything and has to be dealt with the neighbour. Thanks
**A: trim any branches that are inside your property line. You do not need the neighbors permission.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">