• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

truck smoke comes in our home!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

panik138

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I have a neighbor that likes to leave his truck on for a while and obviously the car has probably not had a smog check because the smoke and carbon fills my house. sometimes we cant even breathe and it even gets in when the windows are closed!!!! I have a newborn and im afraid for his health. what can I do?? we've approached him about this problem but he doesn't seem to care.

justalayman

have you checked to see if he does have a valid smog cert?

other than that, contact your local municipal office to ask about having them look into the nuisance situation. Generally a public nuisance can be acted upon by the municipality.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I have a neighbor that likes to leave his truck on for a while and obviously the car has probably not had a smog check because the smoke and carbon fills my house. sometimes we cant even breathe and it even gets in when the windows are closed!!!! I have a newborn and im afraid for his health. what can I do?? we've approached him about this problem but he doesn't seem to care.
**A: call the police.

Proseguru

Exhaust Products

27153. No motor vehicle shall be operated in a manner resulting in the escape of excessive smoke, flame, gas, oil, or fuel residue.

The provisions of this section apply to motor vehicles of the United States or its agencies, to the extent authorized by federal law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">