• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unreasonable neighbours

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adfre

What is the name of your state? CA

Hi everyone, I am new to this community so not sure if this post belong here.

Anyway, wanted to get some feedback and opion if I am at fault in a situation like this.

Recently, my neighbour tell me that I can't park in front of my house. The street has no sign that say no parking and I am not even parking infront of their house, just mine. I always thought that the street is public and unless the city has a sign which say that you can't park, you are safe to park. Is there any other organization that can over write that law? We don't live in a gated community or anything like that. Their reason for clearing cars off the street was so that their children can play on the street. Everyone up and down the street park their car just the same and they don't get any complaint because they don't live across from these hell neighbour like I do. Now they even got the HOA involve and tell me to remove my cars off the street.

Can the HOA have such powers even over the local laws? I don't know alot about the laws so if anyone with any background in this area can give some feed back that would be so great.

thanks all.

FarmerJ

If you live on a public city owned street and dont have any signs posted by the city saying no parking. just tell your neighbor there wont be any more discussion about this and to leave you alone.

adfre

The street seem pretty public to me, is there anyway to check if it is a public street?

Also with the HOA, they are threaten a hearing and fines, what can I do to negotiate with them? This is out of control for such a small issue. HOA are abusing their powers.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">