• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unruly neighbors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bs1981

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Good afternoon,
I am looking for some help here. I have been a homeowner in a very peaceful neighborhood now for 4 years. About 2 1/2 years ago a homeowner moved and in came some renters. At first they were ok, but quickly the man renting became angry towards all of us neighbors. So for 21/2 years we have had to hear this guy call us derogatory names in front of out kids, threaten to kill us, and burn our houses down, his son shot bottle rockets at my house, tagged another persons car and broke glass on smothered porch in hopes their dogs would step on it and cut up their paws. We are trying for a tro in hopes he violates it and is forced to move? Recently we all received letters from his so called attorney stating it was illegal to call local law enforcement when he harrasses us. Is this true? Are we not allowed to call cops when someone is threatening us, and is it advisable for an attorney to declare this as law? Seems backwards to me.

Any ways, thanks for your time reading my shirt rant. I'm just at my end with all of this.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Good afternoon,
I am looking for some help here. I have been a homeowner in a very peaceful neighborhood now for 4 years. About 2 1/2 years ago a homeowner moved and in came some renters. At first they were ok, but quickly the man renting became angry towards all of us neighbors. So for 21/2 years we have had to hear this guy call us derogatory names in front of out kids, threaten to kill us, and burn our houses down, his son shot bottle rockets at my house, tagged another persons car and broke glass on smothered porch in hopes their dogs would step on it and cut up their paws. We are trying for a tro in hopes he violates it and is forced to move? Recently we all received letters from his so called attorney stating it was illegal to call local law enforcement when he harrasses us. Is this true? Are we not allowed to call cops when someone is threatening us, and is it advisable for an attorney to declare this as law? Seems backwards to me.

Any ways, thanks for your time reading my shirt rant. I'm just at my end with all of this.
**A: no that attorney is playing games. Fight fire with fire.

bs1981

Thanks guru. I appreciate the reply. So who wants send a letter on my behalf to this neighbor! Lol But really thanks for the answer. Hopefully I can figure out something soon with this guy

bs1981

Unfortunately it is. Looked him up , but also sent the letter to CA state bar for review on legality issues stated in the letter. Although he is a joke of an attorney as his business email was scottyhotty2003@******.com not the most professional of emails right? Lol

TinkerBelleLuvr

I would say that someone is using that attorney's info ... borrowed if you know what I mean.

I would actually CALL that attorney with your letter and ASK if they sent it. And use the number in the phone book.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">