• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Use Easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

August Eagle

What is the name of your state? CO
I own a home in a subdivision where they use "zero lot lines". In other words my property line is between my neighbors house and mine (obviously). I have a use Easement on his land up to his house, plus I have the obligation to maintain his property up to his house. On teh otehr side of my neighbors house, he has a use easement of his neighbors property and he must maintain their property. Every house in our develpment is this same way.

The use easement specifically calls out that I could build a Patio, landscaping, hut tub. The easement also states that I can put other things on his property so long as there is not an "Undue Hinderance" upon my neighbor.

I poured a concrete parking pad that abutts my house and crosses teh property line by 3 feet, but is still 4 feet from his house. The town approved the parking pad as did a Master Homeowners Association. He wants to sue me to remove the parking pad based on his belief that I can't put a permanent structure on his property. He is worried that someday it may become a trash dump which would lower the value of his property.

If he sues, I am so sure I am right that I don't want to pay for a lawyer. thoughts? Also, would my Title Insurance cover the cost of a law suit if the Insurance was bought after teh pad was built?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">