• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

use of property abutting driveway easment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Csmii

What is the name of your state? massachusetts

We have a driveway easment that leads to our home which is located behind another.
The owners of the home in front of our house have been crossing over our driveway to a small stretch of property to pile up their dogs 'mess' and tree branches and leaves. In the past I have cleaned out this area and maintained it because it is the first impression of my home. I only have the right to a driveway easment, do they have the right to 'dump' right next to the driveway that I use as access if the smell, ect infringes on my use? And yes years ago we asked to purchase the land from them without success.

seniorjudge

Q: I only have the right to a driveway easment, do they have the right to 'dump' right next to the driveway that I use as access if the smell, ect infringes on my use?

A: Yes. (I am assuming that the mess is not on your property.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">