• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verbal agreement with neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cruiser32

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

The neigbor and I had a verbal agreement to tear out the poison ivy and weeds between our houses, some on his property some on mine. We took before and after pictures.

I also put a new shed up and it was 4 feet on his property, I asked him at least 6 times if this was OK. I even asked the night before it was delivered and he said yes. About 3 months later he changed his mind and called the town zoning board, to make a long story short I just moved the sheds so I did not have to deal with him any longer. We both have at least an acre of property.

Now he is saying he wants the landscaping taken out. I am not going to do this as we had a vebal agreement. The town told me they are not getting involved with landscapping. I have no idea why he is being such a jerk but we definitly have a verbal agreement or why would I have spent all the money and done this? He was going to repay me $450.00 to tear the old stuff out which he never did. Do I have to remove the landscapping or is the verbal agreement binding? Can he just tear everything out with out paying me for all the landscapping done?

ThanksWhat is the name of your state?

FarmerJ

If you did any landscaping that was on the nieghbors property you should remove it. When you make any changes to land that is not yours like it or not you have damaged it. Verbal agreements are worth the paper they are written on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">