• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Video Surveillance Cameras

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimk1

What is the name of your state?Arizona

My neighbor has 2 PTZ cameras mounted high on her roof. She says they are for security but I don`t believe her. I know that they have had problems with people on their property in the past, but I feel they are invading my right to privacy. I live about 400 feet away from her with no other houses in the way. My pool is on the side of my house, with a view fence and I think she is watching me in my pool. I have told other people that live around here they have those cameras on their house and told them they are invading my privacy. Is there anything I can do to have them removed from their house? Is she invading my privacy?

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

unless she is also recording video, security cameras are valid deterents to crime and allowed under your state statutes. If they are pointed at a place in your backyard where normally a person would not have ordinary access (if for example, you have a six or taller foot hedge or privacy fence), then you can demand she place the cameras in a position that does not invade your privacy.

Otherwise, she has as much right to protect her proerty as you do for privacy.

jimk1

BelizeBreeze said:
unless she is also recording video, security cameras are valid deterents to crime and allowed under your state statutes. If they are pointed at a place in your backyard where normally a person would not have ordinary access (if for example, you have a six or taller foot hedge or privacy fence), then you can demand she place the cameras in a position that does not invade your privacy.

Otherwise, she has as much right to protect her proerty as you do for privacy.
You mean audio not video in your first sentence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">