• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Viedotaping a neighbor's home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cmendez79

I live in Aurora, CO and unfortunately also an HOA. The president of the HOA continues to pick on me for everything that goes on both in and outside of my home while he himself continues to break codes as well. My question is: Is it illegal for me to video tape his home in order to prove his violations which include taking his dog off his leash, leaving his garage door open, parking in visitor parking, and parking in no parking zones?

FarmerJ

I would say if your outside and happen to see his car parked in a no parking area your free to take a few still shots of it , If you were to say go out for your mail and leaving a garage door open constantly is barred in the rules and took several still shots you should be fine. If you were to see him outside setting pooch free when the hoa has a leash rule there may not be a be no problem with short vid of it , where it gets messy is when people install cameras and record activity beyond the land they pay for you cannot record sound legally as easy as one can silent video. The best thing you can do is use the links above and speak with a attorney to make sure you do not violate your states laws and end up creating a new problem.

csi7

Often, a still photo with the date and time shown on it is effective when shown to the board in general.

A list of the violations along with the still photos provided to the general board will work. This can be anonymous as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">