• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

warned HOA on oil on side walk and driveways

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fairways

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? State of California

I live in a Hoa ive written many letters on a homeowner who fixes cars in there driveway, garage,street anywhere he pleases.
Oil got spilled on the sidewalk and my son slipped on it after many letters of concern, i would like to ask a attorney if i can sue the homeowner and or association for failure to fine homeowner and negeglance on the management company. Thankyou. I have photos and proof of emails sent.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

I live in a Hoa ive written many letters on a homeowner who fixes cars in there driveway, garage,street anywhere he pleases.
Oil got spilled on the sidewalk and my son slipped on it after many letters of concern, i would like to ask a attorney if i can sue the homeowner and or association for failure to fine homeowner and negeglance on the management company. Thankyou. I have photos and proof of emails sent.
Sure. Ask an attorney. :cool:

sandyclaus

Things get spilled on sidewalks all the time. Most people look for obstacles and avoid them. Unless the HOA maintains the streets and sidewalks in your community, they have no jurisdiction over what happens there (including the homeowners repairing their vehicles there).

I'm not entirely sure that you have any kind of case against the HOA for your son's failure to watch where he was going and avoiding the obstacles.

OHRoadwarrior

I'm confused how this oil could be such an important point in your life, yet your son was negligent enough to manage to slip on it. Something appears to be fishy in the state of CA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">