• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

water in ditch

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tczjr5

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? illinois i pump water out of my basement into the ditch . the neighbor has built a dam in the ditch to block the water going through the ditch . now he is digging a trench along the proprety line to empty the ditch . what can i do????

FarmerJ

re direct your sump pumps drainage to somewhere else on your property then contact your county or TWP to learn if they regulate drainage ditches or were the ones to create the ditch , If they do have rules about it then learn under what situations property owners are able to alter those ditches. Once you know whats on the books then your able to make better choices about options on how to handle it.

NC Aggie

Is this a roadside ditch? If so, it's very possible that the ditch may be within the right of way, so your neighbor legally wouldn't be able to block the ditch. I would recommend contacting your county or city engineering department (whomever has jurisdiction) before proceeding any further.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">