• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Water Easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Maria1120

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?MS, Hi, I have recently purchased 1 acer of land in hopes to one day build a home. This week I receive a letter from the water company saying that they wish to have a 30 foot easement of my property for a water line. What rights do I have concerning this letter, and will the easement lower the value of my property?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Maria1120 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?MS, Hi, I have recently purchased 1 acer of land in hopes to one day build a home. This week I receive a letter from the water company saying that they wish to have a 30 foot easement of my property for a water line. What rights do I have concerning this letter, and will the easement lower the value of my property?

**A: you have a right to request just compensation. The easement may or may not affect the value of the property as it depends upon the location of such easement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">