• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do about neighbors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Huntress01

Florida,,, We bought 10 acres in Chattahoochee Florida that gives access to the landowners next door whom rent their property. We raise show dogs and livestock and had our property fenced in and gated to keep our animals on our property. The easement is 10 feet from our house. The renters refuse to keep our gates closed, The Sheriff Office told them to keep gate closed and we also have signs on our gates stating keep gates closed. Behind our property is vacant land with a road that they use to use to come and go, Now they quit using the other road, Can I take the landowner to court and have renters to keep our gate closed or have a judge make them use the other road. We live 1/4 mile off the main highway on a small 15' dirt road.If I am to take them to court how do I do the Florida Statue 704.02? I have no clue to how to prepare my own summons that the court house here says I need. Thanks so much,, Sincerely, Schala

Huntress01

Zigner,
I have 16' gate that opens easy and they just swing it open and drive through back and forth as quick as I go out and close them back behind them. I have 24/7 surveillance cameras that record them every 15 mins. either driving through or sending their 16 and 17 year old sons on bicycles to come back and reopen them so then I have to walk back to the gates and close them again. The cameras record the date and time and they have done this today so far 7 times.. I get so tired of walking back and forth to keep my gates closed. The property owner that own the dirt road we drive on to get to our property had an automatic gate opener on her gate and they destroyed it by stealing the arm off of it and changed code on key pad all the time so she took all her stuff off of it and I can't see putting it on my gate to have them tear them up.

csi7

You have the grounds to set up a paper trail for vandalism, and some other possible charges with the criminal system. I would sit down, write out a timeline, and review the facts (those statements that have valid evidence to support the action).

Then, prepare your plan of purpose. You want the gate to be closed. If they fail to close the gate, they will have the option of using the other path that is available without the gate.

One unusual method a friend used on their property to ensure the neighbors would close the gate was a flashing strobe that turned on and made an alarm sound when the gate was opened. The flashing strobe was in a place that had it been damaged by the neighbors, it would be considered a criminal act. It didn't take very long for the situation to be resolved peacefully.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">