• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do 3 Barking Pit Bulls and Attorney make?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

woodbury

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California:

Neighbor just became an attorney. They have several pit bulls in a fenced yard. Dogs are incessantly barking,growling, pacing on the other side of the fence (my garden) during work day and late on nights when they go out (till 11pm). We asked how to make it work and he responded that other neighbors have dogs who bark. Felt his call back was a bit threatening. Any suggestions on my recourse or rights. The dogs frighten me and also bark and lunge from a second floor patio at passersby on the street. Ill repeat that it goes non stop for more than an hour and well into the night. Dont want escalation but compromise. We will all live here for a long time. :(What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

JustAPal00

Research the local ordinances for barking dogs. In my neighborhood if a dog barks for longer then 5 minutes 3 times within a day, you are subject to a ticket. If you can get an officer to come out, they will approach the fence until the dog begins to bark and then time 5 minutes. They will then walk away for a few minutes and then approach and repeat.

nextwife

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California:

Neighbor just became an attorney. They have several pit bulls in a fenced yard. Dogs are incessantly barking,growling, pacing on the other side of the fence (my garden) during work day and late on nights when they go out (till 11pm). We asked how to make it work and he responded that other neighbors have dogs who bark. Felt his call back was a bit threatening. Any suggestions on my recourse or rights. The dogs frighten me and also bark and lunge from a second floor patio at passersby on the street. Ill repeat that it goes non stop for more than an hour and well into the night. Dont want escalation but compromise. We will all live here for a long time. :(What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
No, it is NOT normal for dogs to bark all the time.

Dogs do bark (I have two), but normally would only bark at strangers or critters in their territory. None of my dogs ever barked at neighbors, nor barked that often. His dogs are obviously bored, unsocialized, not given sufficient exercise opportunity or walks, and likely simply left outside, instead of brought in to be a part of their human packs household. He is failing to provide them other stimulation and entertainment. That is highly irresponsible dog ownership. Definately check local ordinance and see if you can talk to him about activities these dogs need to expend their energy in other ways. "Dogs bark" is a cop out. Busy, happy, exercised and socialized dogs do NOT bark all the time.

154NH773

Once you have followed all the good legal advice, you might want to google: SILENCE BARKING DOGS ULTRASONIC for a ton of advice and products that emit a tone everytime a dog barks.

My brother once recorded his neighbors dog barking, and played it back at 2:00 AM over a huge set of speakers aimed at his neighbor's house. Dogs never were left outside again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">