• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are the rights of an easement holder?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? NV

My property is behind my neighbors property and I have an 20' wide easement at the bottom of their property to get to my property. There is a 4 foot wire fence between my easement and the rest of my neighbors property.

The renters in the back of my neighbors house have started to park there cars on my easement and push down my fence and jump over it. Does my neighbor have the right to park anything on my easement or do I have the right force him not to park there?

Thanks in advance.

HuAi

It should be spelled out in your easement agreement, but generally he does not have the right to burden your easement by parking on it. You can probably get the cars towed if you want to be tough.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">