• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What will a lawyer do now?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MIKE_G

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania
After the neighbors attempted to have me arrested for harrasment, I took the state troopers advice and had the neighbors property surveyed. I told the surveyor I needed to document, video ect the placing of the pins.Well they surveyed it which showed their property is larger than both the neighbor and I expected. Well the happy neighbors took out the 3ft metal stakes in the ground less than 12 hours later. I called th police and the same trooper comes out, he goes to them and returns with this. No proof they did it, he would have pulled them out as well as who wants a flat tire(it was in their gravel drive) lastly he wont do anything until criminal law is broken. I guess 3rd time is the charm, as the false report and theft of property dont count.
I can have the pin remarked and put a fence but when they tear that down and the same trooper, bla bla bla...
So he says get a lawyer- it is a civil matter?
What would a lawyer do?

lizjimbo

Biblical

If these were Biblical times, God certainly has a remedy. Removing or moving a neighbors boundary stone was punishable by death. Now certainly the reason we have courts is so people don't shoot each other, however after the trial and nonsense some people feel like shooting every one. What you can have your surveyor do is replace the stakes, just not at the exact corners. In other words he can offset them on your side just enough so that you can measure over from them, say a foot or so, to know where your actual corner is. If it is worth your while, have the surveyor put concrete monuments in, a little more expensive but next to impossible to dig up. Make sure he memorializes where he placed the monuments or pins with a plat. Have fun. Don't ya just love people.

FarmerJ

If you have the property re marked as long as there is no underground utilitys feel free to beat into the ground copper grounding rod you can buy from a lumberyard that sells them in the electrical dept just a couple inches into your side of the property line ( these rods are used for grounding meter sockets and fuse boxes) cut it off at ground level so it doesnt create tripping hazzard , these rods can be found again in the future with a metal detector. Once you have the property marked again, your free to install fencing that meets local zoning rules. BTW if you are going to install fencing consider if you want to go to the trouble of adding into your budget some kind of security camera that will record activity on your side of the lot line , If the fence is damaged you will have video proof to present to police & court.

Last edited:

MIKE_G

Thanks for the advice.
There was a 3' piece of steel rebar buried just below the ground. Thw used the 4wd pick em up truck and pulled it out. I wish I would have seen that- been worth the cost already. Did see the 40 foot burn out marks though...There is no zoning for fences or set backs.
So would you LEO's and Legal folk do? The police only empowered them.

divgradcurl

If they are trespassing on your property, and damaging your property, you can sue them for the trespass and the damages.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">