• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wherre Is Property Line??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DottieV

MD - Came home from Dad's funeral on west coast sometime ago - homemade fence had been built, attached to my?? townhouse. Did not notice til wood started deteriorating - new owner replaced wood while I was at work however NAILED fence back to the wood. I had found out about this when I went to have vinyl wrapped and could only go so far - I have gone to HOA - they said they would have to know who the owner is (per blueprints) - went to County Planning - blueprints illegible per professional - fence is caving in - HOA said to either fix or take down - MY great concern is this nailing to my?? townhouse - the section that protrudes between each townhouse. All I wanted is for the fence to be attached to a post - I even offered to help at one point - I have just finished a letter to my Credit Union . who holds the mortgage on the house. Have had it all vinyl wrapped except for the one section from the ground to midpoint which the fence is nailed to. He even nailed it to the cement base. Thanks

FarmerJ

First arrange for a boundry survey to show you exactly where the lot lines are so your able to know exactly how much of the fence is on your property.

154NH773

went to County Planning - blueprints illegible per professional
Ask to see the originals, if you were only shown copies. The registry of deeds should have the original drawings on file.

If unable to get legible originals from these sources, then;

blueprints illegible per professional
Try to determine the creator of the blueprints and go to their office and ask for a legible copy. Most surveyors have their drawings stored in CAD systems that they can easily access. There will probably be a small charge.

HomeGuru

MD - Came home from Dad's funeral on west coast sometime ago - homemade fence had been built, attached to my?? townhouse. Did not notice til wood started deteriorating - new owner replaced wood while I was at work however NAILED fence back to the wood. I had found out about this when I went to have vinyl wrapped and could only go so far - I have gone to HOA - they said they would have to know who the owner is (per blueprints) - went to County Planning - blueprints illegible per professional - fence is caving in - HOA said to either fix or take down - MY great concern is this nailing to my?? townhouse - the section that protrudes between each townhouse. All I wanted is for the fence to be attached to a post - I even offered to help at one point - I have just finished a letter to my Credit Union . who holds the mortgage on the house. Have had it all vinyl wrapped except for the one section from the ground to midpoint which the fence is nailed to. He even nailed it to the cement base. Thanks

**A: is the townhouse building and the fences a common area?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">