• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who do I contact about neighbor kids? Maryland

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mzcountry82

Hello, I have a question. I wanted to know whom can I/we talk to about our next door neighbors kids. This has been going on for about 2 or 3 years. They constantly play by my car and throw footballs and soccer balls my car. No one watches these kids, they run out in the street a neighbor almost hit one of them. I live with my mother so this is her house. I have talked to the owner today about keeping the kids away from my car. She did not really seem to care, she said they are kids, which I understand, but no one is watching them. I have been telling them day in a day out to stay away from my car. My alarm constantly rings back to me when they are close to my car. Asking her to keep them away had worked for a few hours, then they started doing to same thing I talked to her about. It's just ridiculous. I'm not sure if she baby sits or what I counted about 14 kids. Whom can I talk to or contact about this. I am in PG County.

Last edited:

adjusterjack

Sorry, but there are no "authorities" that will do anything about this.

The best you can do is take dated photos of the kids' behavior and put your neighbor on WRITTEN notice (no emails, no texts) that you will hold her monetarily responsible for any damage to your property that is caused by her kids.

That's all you can do.

LdiJ

Sorry, but there are no "authorities" that will do anything about this.

The best you can do is take dated photos of the kids' behavior and put your neighbor on WRITTEN notice (no emails, no texts) that you will hold her monetarily responsible for any damage to your property that is caused by her kids.

That's all you can do.
I agree. Unless your car actually gets damaged you have nothing.

Of course you have the option of moving into an all adult community where there will be no children to play around your car.

mzcountry82

I agree. Unless your car actually gets damaged you have nothing.

Of course you have the option of moving into an all adult community where there will be no children to play around your car.
My car was damaged on the front right bumper, I have video of them playing by my car. I was trying to find them. As for the all adult community don't you have to be over 30 or something.

Silverplum

When we had this problem with the "neighbors" at a rental home we have, I went through talking nicely to the kids and their parents (no change), to stopping by after work and dumping the balls/trikes/bikes/nets on their front porch (no change), to stopping by after work and throwing the items into the alley dumpster (no change!), to The Final Confrontation, in which I went all Silverplum on the mother.

:cool: No more problems.

mzcountry82

Why do people keep doing that? Adding the important stuff after they get the first response that they don't like.

But do you have video of them damaging your bumper?

They live next door to you. How tough could it be to find them?
I did not say anything about the bumper due, to I have no video proof of them doing it.

No, I mean I can't find the video.

Last edited:

mzcountry82

Have you considered reporting the feral child problem to animal control?

TD
Lol, that's what the lady across the street called them too little animals.

I wanted to have people sign something, because we are not the only people having a problem with them. Two people across the street too. They run across the street on their property as well, but when I asked, they did not seem to into it. People are so scared to stand up. Could be because this is an older neighborhood (Mostly older people). I have a family member who is an officer in the county coming over to see first hand, but they may not act how they normally would. What is sad is everyone is saying something about it, but not wanting to do anything.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Look - bottom line is that your car is parked on a PUBLIC STREET. If you don't want anybody "by" your car, then park it in your garage. If you don't have a garage, then find somewhere else to park.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">