• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who pay for removal of tree?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sk8sslow

What is the name of your state? North Carolina. My tree fell and got hung in their tree. No damage to anyones propert. They asked me to get it removed. I am short on income right now. They sold their house and part of the contract for selling was based on the tree being removed. They took it upon themselfs to have tree removed by the cheapest of many estimates. They asked if I would pay for part of it before they moved. I am still short on money. Planed to give them half and get their forwarding address and pay as I can. Came home from work and there was a note for a Civil case against me for the total cost of the removal. Who pays and can they force me the pay for work they had contracted to have done? Thanks

PghREA

The cost of removing YOUR tree from their property is YOUR expense. You should be grateful that they are only asking you to pay half. Borrow the money and pay them off.

ralph31

I have seen many responses on this site regarding trees falling due to storms, etc. onto another property that in these cases the mishap is an act of God. I had four trees fall from an adjacent property onto my property that destroyed my rear fence and did some damage to my home. In this instance it was assumed by all the concerned parties that the damages to my property which included a $2,000 fence and $3,000 home damages were paid for by my insurance company. In addition, I paid $1,500 out of pocket to remove the neighbors trees from my property as this was not covered by my insurance.

I was advised that the only way my neighbor would have been responsible for the cost that I incurred would have been if his trees had been diseased and that he was aware of that fact and he had been negligent in not having had them removed before they were felled by a windstorm.

This was in Tennessee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">