• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Allegany Pellet Sales

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jazman54

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I purchased wood pellets from Allegany Pellets LLC back in May.I was told that I could expect a September delivery.I gave them $285 for a deposit.The rest would be paid upon delivery.I recieved an email yesterday stating that they could not fill my order berfore the end of the year....in fact ...they don't know when they can fill it due to circumstances beyond their control.I emailed them back stating I would like to cancel my order and be refunded my money.They told me that they don't give refunds and that I would have to wait until they could produce the pellets.

Any advise??

divona2000

Contact the State Atty General or District Attorney, find out if there are pending investigations of this company (I remember two other "pellet" companies with such problems in the last year or so).

You might want to print out a copy of their website...since as of today is says:
"currently we have select room for orders due to cancellations and late season delivery"
and
"if you find yourself really stuck and no one has pellets please email us an emergency request and we will do our best to find some folks to work overtime"

Although the website shows a huge operation, and says they made the pellets there, contacts in the area say it's actually very small. Allegany Pellets LLC seems to just be a pellet distributor, with a name very similar to a pellet manufacturer "Allegheny Pellet Corporation".

Hot over pellet

Allegany Pellet

If you gave Allegany Pellet LLC. in Wellsville, NY a deposit on pellets and are now being told you are not going to get your pellets. Contact the state police in Wellsville, NY. They are in charge of this case. The company is not what the picture on there web site is showing you. You are not the only ones that are having this problem there are lots of us.

Last edited:

Pelletpower

Allegeny Pellets deposits issue

I was told that the state police have investigated these guys and that they are a real company and that the problems they stated are real. I had more luck with the BBB who said that they spoke to someone directly at the company and that they were going to file a report on my behalf. I got my money refunded within two weeks. Seems like they don't want any bad publicity. Got an email from them today saying my pellets are being produced this week, guess they haven't figured out yet that I already got my money back. Seems the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing.

Dsoles

Still Waiting

I paid a deposit for 10 ton. I was told the same by Allegany Pellets, they will get back in production and return my deposit. That was in September. They said they have resumed production Oct 7. I contacted the Attorney General but still no payback. If the BBB can help please let me know which BBB to contact. Thanks

I know, I know, I know, posting on a long-dead post. But I thought this was pretty funny:

AP News: NY man's Facebook ownership claim lands in court

The guy who owns Allegany Pellet Sales, Paul Ceglia, is suing Facebook, claiming an 84% ownership of Facebook. (I know people who personally know and work with Mark, and, well, what Paul claims is plausible, but that's neither here nor there.) So just in case anyone else was ripped off by this company and finds this thread by searching, since as it is there were a few replies spread out over months here, contact the attorney general.

Meanwhile I'm going to get a chuckle out of this guy thinking he owns Facebook, and will speculate with my pals what we think really happened.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">