• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Amazon refuses to resolve the issue with Kindle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Protea

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Hello! Hope to get here any advice on my situation. I have Kindle which I purchased at the end of January for my husband. He used this item since then, it was registered under my amazon account. In June (6 month after receiving Kindle) I got a message that my credit card was charged for amazon prime. I looked in my e-mail and found a few messages that I got a refund for Amazon Kindle, right after this message I saw an amazon order for keyboard. I logged in and checked the address, it was somewhere in New York and I live in California. I got on the phone with amazon trying to figure out what happened and why because I didn't shop at amazon at that moment and don't live in New York, and requested to cancel that order reporting fraudulent activity. Amazon rep told that this item is processed and dispatched and they can't cancel this order and cancel Kindle refund. That I don't need a refund, take it back, I never requested it. After a few hours of calling Amazon and requesting to do anything with this situation I was told that their fraud department will investigate and contact me. In a few days I got a letter that "they their specially trained team checked and no fraudulent activity detected on my account". Marvelous. At that point I gave up and left this situation as is since I was able to use my Kindle with subscription. Today my husband decided to re-register this Kindle on his account and figured out that he can't do this. After an hour on chat and hour on the phone I was told by a rep that "We refunded your money and YOU used it. Why did you allow anybody to use account? Ha? Why did you give your information?". After a few minutes of her attitude an my arguing she hung up on me.

I am frustrated and don't know what to do. Right now I have a device that I paid $150 for and I can't use it as before since it's de-registered. The only thing that after the second call I was able to talk to supervisor and seems on Monday he will try to talk to his manager and see what can be done. But at this point I can't count on his word since nothing was done on Amazon's end a month ago when I contacted 30 minutes after all fraudulent activity happened on my account. I suspect that it's insider job since their "specially trained team" never detected any bad activity. The refund was requested via their chat system (I asked about it) and issued as amazon gift card which was used literally minutes after refund. He told that a person claimed that the box was empty when he/she received it (6 months after an actual purchase!) I knew about it right away only because thief ordered it with Amazon Prime which I got charged for and got an alert on my phone.

Sorry for a long story, I don't know how to make it shorter and explain all the situation and actions that were done to resolve it. I hope to get an advice. Thank you!

P.s. Sorry for any grammar mistakes. I am not a native speaker.

justalayman

Any charges you did not authorize to be charged to your credit card need to be disputed with the credit card company. As long as it is within the allowable period of time your credit card company will reverse the charges and investigate the matter. Once the charges are reversed Amazon will likely be more interested in resolving the matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">