• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Any Recourse Against Seller's Remorse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bkiersz

I purchased two items from FractionPrice.com. I received one today but the other did not arrive. I called and they told me that the second item was sold out and that they refunded that part of the order. I looked on the site and the item is still up there at a significantly higher price than I paid. I called back and they admitted that the item was not sold out and that they just did not want to sell it to me for the price I paid.

I got the name of the manager and e-mailed him a copy of my receipt showing what I had ordered and at what price and he replied "sorry but that price isn't available anymore". It may not be now, but it was available when I bought it - hence the receipt.

I did file a complaint with the BBB but while they are listed they are not accredited so I'm not sure if that will matter.

Do I have any recourse here against this case of seller's remorse?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sue the bad guys in small claims court (where they are located)

Realistically...no, you have no recourse. Move along.

justalayman

from fractionprice.com

OUR PRICES ARE ALSO SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
even with that, if you want to make a complaint to somebody, contact the attorney general of your state. If they actually processed the payment, I would think they have an obligation to provide the merchandise.

bkiersz

I get that their prices are subject to change without notice, but not after the payment has been processed - which it had been. Hopefully I can get them to do the right thing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">