• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Blonde Moment" leads to Shady Auto Deal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zellerscrossing

My girlfriends car had been sitting in our driveway for awhile because we were getting ready to sell it. The plates were already off but we hadn't put any signs up or put it on Craigslist which was the eventual plan. Anyway, one day a Hispanic gentlemen came by and offered her $500. She haggled him up to $750 and the deal was made. As soon as the cash was in her hand he basically drove off (including the title). He said to not even worry about a bill of sale. I was gone and that's about all I know.

I advised my girlfriend to complete a release of liability but they will not unless they have the buyers name and address. I told her to call the police and they provided zero help. What should she do?

PS: I just posted this under online sales because I don't know where else to put it. The sale did not take place online, he came to our door.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">