• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bought a product online for 200, and merchant refused to ship the product

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

azb117

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MA

I bought a LCD TV several days ago for $200 from an online merchant . I entered all my personal information and credit card information and even got a final order number,

But after few days when I called the company to check the status of order, the rep said the order is for $2000 and gave me a reason of price as being a typo and refused to ship the order for earlier price and cancelled my order.

I have all the screenshots and order number saved during the time of order submission of the amount i should get order. My question is can i take them to small claims court for this sudden increase in price and also on charges they tried to scam me for stealing my personal information if they don't ship me the product. Also do i have a chance of winning this case?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Hot Topic

The price of the LCD TV should have run up a red flag when you saw it, and you should have contacted the merchant to verify it before you sent the credit card info. You should know since you're on the internet that all that information is entered electronically and automatically.

If the merchant goes ahead and charges you the $200, contact your credit card company and dispute the charge.

This isn't going to turn into a windfall for you. You're not going to get a LCD television for $200, and small claims is not going to award you any money for "damages."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">