• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bought a roach infested PS4 =\

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shoag

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I recently purchased a playstation 4 off somebody on reddit.com/r/houston. I was told that the system was in perfect working order and still had the warranty. We met in the parking lot outside of a sushi restaurant. He made no mention of there being any problem. Once i got home i opened the box and noticed a roach crawling around inside it. I got a flash light and looked inside the system only to find live roaches. Insect infestations void Sony's warranty. The only things I have are his phone number and reddit account as a way to contact him. Is there anything I can do, or am up **** creek without a paddle? I would really like to just get my money back and give him his infested system. Currently the PS4 is tied up in 3 trash bags to keep the roaches from escaping into my home.
UPDATE: He deleted his reddit account. I typed his phone number into facebook and found him, LOL.

Last edited:

shoag

Another update

I got his full name, pictures of him, pictures of his truck and what school he graduated from. I've filed a police report. Thanks for the tons of advice.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I got his full name, pictures of him, pictures of his truck and what school he graduated from. I've filed a police report. Thanks for the tons of advice.
Do you honestly think the police give a rip because you bought a roach-infested game system? Unless they are the kind of roaches that have remnants of marijuana, you're wasting police time. :cool:

When you purchase something used off the interwebs, you're pretty much buying it 'as-is'. Enjoy the roaches.

shoag

The dude never posted anywhere saying I was buying it "as is". He did sell me a ps4 with a voided warranty saying that it's warranty was valid. I have messages from him. He cheated me and I'm going to get my money back and he's going to pay for an exterminator to come out. Also, the roaches aren't very good at Madden, except Rico. Rico is pro as ****. I was thinking about putting it in the freezer, but I think know I'm going to seal it up with some roach bait and some desiccant bags. Since so you won't accept it now that the warranty is voided I can take it apart and clean all the dead out.

STEPHAN

How are you going to prove that the roaches where there before and that they did not come during transport or so? How are you going to prove that he knew about the roaches?

Proserpina

The dude never posted anywhere saying I was buying it "as is". He did sell me a ps4 with a voided warranty saying that it's warranty was valid. I have messages from him. He cheated me and I'm going to get my money back and he's going to pay for an exterminator to come out. Also, the roaches aren't very good at Madden, except Rico. Rico is pro as ****. I was thinking about putting it in the freezer, but I think know I'm going to seal it up with some roach bait and some desiccant bags. Since so you won't accept it now that the warranty is voided I can take it apart and clean all the dead out.
I'd refuse to even acknowledge your existence. And I wouldn't pay you one red cent.

shoag

I freaked him out when I called him by his name. And after that he acknowledged the roaches and said, "their your problem now." the amount of roaches inside this thing don't appear overnight.

shoag

With the printed conversation of him saying he knew they were in the system before he sold it to me.

shoag

I printed our text conversation from my computer. It has him admitting he sold sold me a roach infested ps4.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">