• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bought a truck for $1

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kl1246

I am in Texas, the company is based in the same county as me (Hays), and heres my story:

So I was browsing a local merchant's site (www.austinbizmart.com) and I found listed a large running, but not drive-able box truck. It was priced $1. I thought about it and figured, why not? It’s only a dollar. I printed off the ad previous to purchase, as well as copies of the sight's policies and all my transaction details, including receipts and confirmation from paypal. I have been doing some research and most people are saying in situations where Best Buy (or similar company) has mispriced an item they don’t have to honor it because of the fine print stated when purchasing. This site has no such fine print, it has no terms or conditions, it simply allows you to register and then purchase an item. It has a list of policies, but nothing about the "errors on our site" like on best buy's or anything.

My question is, do I now legally have a right to that truck? I know the merchant is simply going to laugh in my face, but given the proper legal backing am I in the right? Please advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">