• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

buyer on ebay will not return an item

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kongz

Hey

Im a seller at ebay and i have some trouble with a buyer. Here is what happend:

Due to a mistake i sent the buyer a wrong item. He contacted me immediately after he recieved the item and I sent him the right item later that day. I told him i would need the wrong item back and that I would pay for the shipping as soon as i recieve the tracking number. Its been 2 months now, and i have'nt recieved anything. The buyer have recieved the right item. He does not respond when i try to contact him. What should i do?
EDIT: PS: its an international buyer

Last edited:

quincy

Hey

Due to a mistake i sent the buyer a wrong item. He contacted me immediately after he recieved the item and I sent him the right item later that day. I told him i would need the wrong item back and that I would pay for the shipping as soon as i recieve the tracking number. Its been 2 months now, and i have'nt recieved anything. The buyer have recieved the right item. He does not respond when i try to contact him. What should i do?
What is the name of your state?

quincy

Hey

If you are in Florida and you sent the item to a buyer in a different country, there is very little you can do to get the buyer to return the item. It can be hard enough to compel a buyer in a different state to do this. Your recourse may be limited to using eBay's "Report a Buyer" feature.

Although this does you little good now, it would have been better if you had waited for the return of the wrong item before sending on to the buyer the right item.

Sorry. It appears you might have to chalk this up as a lesson learned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">