• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Buyer wants money back.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bbqpops

Nebraska

I sold a large dog kennel (outdoor chain link style) to a neighbor for, what I thought, was a reasonable price. The conditions were that he was to remove it from my backyard. I wasn't disassembling it, or delivering it.

Neighbor hadn't removed it yet after 3 weeks, and just called wanting his $100 returned. He is being evicted, and now needs the cash.

I don't want the kennel, as I no longer have a need. He owns it.

Yet he demands the money back.

Whom is correct here? Am I stuck with a dog kennel, and out a sale? Or, is he the proud new owner of the kennel?

Thanks in advance.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Nebraska

I sold a large dog kennel (outdoor chain link style) to a neighbor for, what I thought, was a reasonable price. The conditions were that he was to remove it from my backyard. I wasn't disassembling it, or delivering it.

Neighbor hadn't removed it yet after 3 weeks, and just called wanting his $100 returned. He is being evicted, and now needs the cash.

I don't want the kennel, as I no longer have a need. He owns it.

Yet he demands the money back.

Whom is correct here? Am I stuck with a dog kennel, and out a sale? Or, is he the proud new owner of the kennel?

Thanks in advance.
Give the money back and sell the kennel to someone else. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">