• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can anything be done here?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mradr

I live in the Missouri, USA. First time posting here, so I'll try to be detailed as I can be. I am usally the guy most people would call the "goody to shoes" and usally follow the rules of anything I do (even though that information isn't really important I guess).

So my question:
Can blizzard entertainment ban me for creating a petition that calls for unfair judgment on their part about my account that leads to me not able to play any of the games link to my account? (well over $250 worth of games and items) I also took a screen shot of this and now any further action just leads them to keep posting the same message, them not lisening, or flate out scary warnnings they will ban my account fully, and not allowing me to contact them what so ever.

Other details:
I was on the forums at http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/ then one day my web access was ban out of the blue for no reason and all my post that I had done earlier were deleted without warnning or reason. They gave me a link to see the code of conduct at : http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct. Following the link I didn't see anything I did wrong and no information was given to even "See" what they thought I did wrong. So I sent a few tickets in to the support.

They told me countless times to contact the following email [email protected], but all contact with them seems to end up being a fail. I have made it clear they're not talking to me, and they have not reported any reason behinde the ban. After that I created a peition on their tickets that they're being un fair and I need to talk to someone that can actully help me with my issue. They said that email was the only way to contact them EVER!. I would think that they would at least have ot make something up like the phone companys have to-to discontect you from their service.

They also seem to not have any records what so ever to tell me why I was even ban for... and now the petition seem to have me ban for no reason what so ever. Amendment one should've protected me here as it gives us the right to a peacefully protest/petiton if we wish to hold one without fear of it becoming into a fire fight.

I really feel this goes against my "rights" as a us citizen. Even worest... it goes against the first rights we are given as one. They can't even tell me why I was ban and now asking seem to get me ban from other games.

http://postimage.org/image/71dzv1p49/

After that post... I was trying to get my world of warcraft unban because it was hack into a while ago. They then since ban my starcraft 2 game because I ask over it... even though their warnning was for petitioning against starcraft 2 ban...

So I was just wondering if I have a case or what I can do to take steps into getting my account back from them... I keep reading scary stores there might not be any way to get my account and money back after their fail judgment against was "final". Seem like it would be against the law to even do so... Even ban more accounts simply over a petition to get one account unban.

Proserpina

I live in the Missouri, USA. First time posting here, so I'll try to be detailed as I can be. I am usally the guy most people would call the "goody to shoes" and usally follow the rules of anything I do (even though that information isn't really important I guess).

So my question:
Can blizzard entertainment ban me for creating a petition that calls for unfair judgment on their part about my account that leads to me not able to play any of the games link to my account? (well over $250 worth of games and items) I also took a screen shot of this and now any further action just leads them to keep posting the same message, them not lisening, or flate out scary warnnings they will ban my account fully, and not allowing me to contact them what so ever.

Other details:
I was on the forums at http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/ then one day my web access was ban out of the blue for no reason and all my post that I had done earlier were deleted without warnning or reason. They gave me a link to see the code of conduct at : http://us.battle.net/en/community/conduct. Following the link I didn't see anything I did wrong and no information was given to even "See" what they thought I did wrong. So I sent a few tickets in to the support.

They told me countless times to contact the following email [email protected], but all contact with them seems to end up being a fail. I have made it clear they're not talking to me, and they have not reported any reason behinde the ban. After that I created a peition on their tickets that they're being un fair and I need to talk to someone that can actully help me with my issue. They said that email was the only way to contact them EVER!. I would think that they would at least have ot make something up like the phone companys have to-to discontect you from their service.

They also seem to not have any records what so ever to tell me why I was even ban for... and now the petition seem to have me ban for no reason what so ever. Amendment one should've protected me here as it gives us the right to a peacefully protest/petiton if we wish to hold one without fear of it becoming into a fire fight.

I really feel this goes against my "rights" as a us citizen. Even worest... it goes against the first rights we are given as one. They can't even tell me why I was ban and now asking seem to get me ban from other games.

http://postimage.org/image/71dzv1p49/

After that post... I was trying to get my world of warcraft unban because it was hack into a while ago. They then since ban my starcraft 2 game because I ask over it... even though their warnning was for petitioning against starcraft 2 ban...

So I was just wondering if I have a case or what I can do to take steps into getting my account back from them... I keep reading scary stores there might not be any way to get my account and money back after their fail judgment against was "final". Seem like it would be against the law to even do so... Even ban more accounts simply over a petition to get one account unban.

You have no "rights" here, and certainly none have been trampled.

Why do you believe the 1st Amendment comes into play?

(Hint: it doesn't)

Mradr

Assembly

The First Amendment says that people have the right to gather in public to march, protest, demonstrate, carry signs and otherwise express their views in a nonviolent way. It also means people can join and associate with groups and organizations without interference.

Petition

The First Amendment says that people have the right to appeal to government in favor of or against policies that affect them or that they feel strongly about. This freedom includes the right to gather signatures in support of a cause and to lobby legislative bodies for or against legislation.

Unless it's just limited to goverment. How would it not be illege for them to steal the stuff you brought from you? They offer no off line play, give you no other option once you buy the product other than to accept their agreements or lose out on your money... and then they take it away from you for no reason other than to take it away from you?

Then again... I am not limiting it to just "rights", but what they've done really. Trying to see if there is any way to get my money back or my account unban as I have not gon against their code of conduct. I feel like I am a total victem to their over powerful company that can make rules up as they go.

Last edited:

Proserpina

Assembly

The First Amendment says that people have the right to gather in public to march, protest, demonstrate, carry signs and otherwise express their views in a nonviolent way. It also means people can join and associate with groups and organizations without interference.

Petition

The First Amendment says that people have the right to appeal to government in favor of or against policies that affect them or that they feel strongly about. This freedom includes the right to gather signatures in support of a cause and to lobby legislative bodies for or against legislation.

Unless it's just limited to goverment. How would it not be illege for them to steal the stuff you brought from you? They offer no off line play, give you no other option once you buy the product other than to accept their agreements or lose out on your money... and then they take it away from you for no reason other than to take it away from you?

Then again... I am not limiting it to just "rights", but what they've done really. Trying to see if there is any way to get my money back or my account unban as I have not gon against their code of conduct. I feel like I am a total victem to their over powerful company that can make rules up as they go.

The emphasized portion tells you everything you need to know.

Mradr

So there isn't anything I can do about this?

I mean if there isn't.... then why don't companys do this anyways and not care what the people think?

Last edited:

Mradr

Posting to a forum, playing a game, both are privileges and not rights.
Yes they are actully... the right to persuit happyness (aka own property)... you "BUY" the rights to play/use them. It's no different then you buying property. No one can just come up to your land and build a home on it without permission once you own it.

Once you pay ... then you have some ownership into the investment.

IF they were "free" then that be a different sorry, but they're not and you have to pay to use them other wise it wont let you use them.... so you brought them to use the serives...

What you just said was... a phone company can make you pay without providing any serives to you...

Posting to this forum would be a privilege as I didn't pay to use it. I have no rights here... aka you can ban me for any reason as you see sit as long as you don't steal my ideas and stuff (as anything on the internet is copy righted..aka why you can't simple go and steal images).

So what you just said was total BS.... just saying... you're being way too simple in your words.

Last edited:

Proserpina

Yes they are actully... the right to persuit happyness (aka own property)... you "BUY" the rights to play/use them. It's no different then you buying property. No one can just come up to your land and build a home on it without permission once you own it.

Once you pay ... then you have some ownership into the investment.

So what you just said was total BS.... just saying... you're being way too simple in your words.

Please point out the bit in the Constitution and/or Bill of Rights which GUARANTEES you the "right" to play a game or post to a forum.

I'll wait. :cool:

Kiddo, you have no idea what either of those things actually mean, do you? Nah.

Mradr

Please point out the bit in the Constitution and/or Bill of Rights which GUARANTEES you the "right" to play a game or post to a forum.

I'll wait. :cool:

Kiddo, you have no idea what either of those things actually mean, do you? Nah.
"The right to property, also known as the right to protection of property, is a human right and is understood to establish an entitlement to private property. The right to property is not absolute and states have a wide degree of discretion to limit the rights.

The right to property is enshrined in Article 17 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights but is not recognised in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights or the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights.[1] The right to protection of property is enshrined in the regional human rights instruments of Europe, Africa and the Americas.[2]"

Aka I own the right to play it as I paid to use it.....

Now... I can't say I own the game for say, but I did pay to play it... and if a cop comes up to me and says get down... then I must do it even if I am playing a game...

I never said I had the "right to play the game" The only one really using that is you... wow are you really trolling me?

My point is that they stole the games from and then ban me from clearing things up to see why I was even ban in the first place... The games offer no offline access, so yes they stole the games from me to play ... aka they took my property away from me.

Last edited:

Proserpina

"The right to property, also known as the right to protection of property, is a human right and is understood to establish an entitlement to private property. The right to property is not absolute and states have a wide degree of discretion to limit the rights.

The right to property is enshrined in Article 17 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights but is not recognised in the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights or the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights.[1] The right to protection of property is enshrined in the regional human rights instruments of Europe, Africa and the Americas.[2]"
(At least have the decency to cite your source - irrelevant as it may be)

Tell you what.

Get yourself to an attorney first thing, and tell them EXACTLY what you've told us here.

Then let us know. Mkay?

Mkay.

Proserpina

Aka I own the right to play it as I paid to use it.....

Now... I can't say I own the game for say, but I did pay to play it... and if a cop comes up to me and says get down... then I must do it even if I am playing a game...

I never said I had the "right to play the game" The only one really using that is you... wow are you really trolling me?

No son, I'm telling you that you have no legal case here.

I'm sorry you can't/won't grasp the basic tenets of law. I can't help that.

Mradr

(At least have the decency to cite your source - irrelevant as it may be)

Tell you what.

Get yourself to an attorney first thing, and tell them EXACTLY what you've told us here.

Then let us know. Mkay?

Mkay.
I don't get you either... you say post information on where it says it and now you're telling me I a wrong?
I want to know first if I have a case or should I just go ramp page on a virus on their network (at least from what you're saying, they wouldn't have a case either).

Basic law isn't forced in the US, so that's why I came here... I want to understand why I don't have a case and how could I make this into a case.

Because right now it's really BS they can do this to someone that didn't do anything wrong. I am really lost to any reason they may have against me eother than to "keep the money" and start cutting out users to lower the number of players on their servers. This way they can force more people to buy a new copy no again no reason at all.

Btw, lets restart over. I am sorry if I said anything to upset you. I am just upset myself they would do this to someone like me that enjoy the game and didn't really do anything wrong=/

Last edited:

Proserpina

I don't get you either... you say post information on where it says it and now you're telling me I a wrong?

I asked you to post where in the UNITED STATED CONSTITUTION and/or the BILL OF RIGHTS. As relating to the United States of America.

I want to know first if I have a case

No.

or should I just go ramp page on a virus on their network (at least from what you're saying, they wouldn't have a case either).

You're either 15, trolling or ...well, we won't go there.

Proserpina

I want to know first if I have a case or should I just go ramp page on a virus on their network (at least from what you're saying, they wouldn't have a case either).

Basic law isn't forced in the US, so that's why I came here... I want to understand why I don't have a case and how could I make this into a case.

Because right now it's really BS they can do this to someone that didn't do anything wrong. I am really lost to any reason they may have against me eother than to "keep the money" and start cutting out users to lower the number of players on their servers. This way they can force more people to buy a new copy no again no reason at all.

Which part of "it is not your right, it is a privilege" are you not understanding, son?

Mradr

Which part of "it is not your right, it is a privilege" are you not understanding, son?
Because it doesn't have to be a "right" Nor am I really saying it is a "Right" to play a game...

We're not using the "play a game part" it's the "they stole what I paid for" part I am trying to get at =/ sigh.....

Right.... whatever v.v; All you see is that it's a "game" or you see me as a kids for whatever reason and not someone that's looking for help or something you pay for to use... Right... it might not be under our rights to play it... but to own it is.. v.v;

I guess you wont help me...

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">