• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can Carnival get away with False Advertisement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joey0234

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I recently went on a carnival cruise and purchased there Cheers Beverage program. on there website https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1106/~/cheers!-beverage-program it shows what it includes and excludes. Me and my girlfriend purchased the drink package because it said 15 drinks a day up to 50$ a serving. If you look under the excludes it clearly states that it excludes sharing floaters, with that being said when I ask for a floater ( not a serving, a addon to a drink ) I was denied because it wasnt included in the cheers program. When I complained and explained why it is false advertisement, The bar manager tried to weasel outta of it and would not explain himself. I continued to press it to several other customer service employees to which NO one could help me. The Bar Manager "Shawn" rolled his eyes and said to my girlfriend "are you done with the noise?". So Bascally I feel this is illegal False advertisement on top of horrible customer service and not handling the situation at all or owning up to the error. Not only do I want a full refund but I want this fixed on there page and to be compensated for being pushed to the side on a serious matter.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If you look under the excludes it clearly states that it excludes sharing floaters...
No, that's NOT what it says. What it says is: Sharing coc_ktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets

In other words, it excludes "sharing coc_ktails". It also excludes "floaters". It also excludes "pitchers". It also excludes "tubes". It also excludes "buckets".

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I recently went on a carnival cruise and purchased there Cheers Beverage program. on there website https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1106/~/cheers!-beverage-program it shows what it includes and excludes. Me and my girlfriend purchased the drink package because it said 15 drinks a day up to 50$ a serving. If you look under the excludes it clearly states that it excludes sharing floaters, with that being said when I ask for a floater ( not a serving, a addon to a drink ) I was denied because it wasnt included in the cheers program. When I complained and explained why it is false advertisement, The bar manager tried to weasel outta of it and would not explain himself. I continued to press it to several other customer service employees to which NO one could help me. The Bar Manager "Shawn" rolled his eyes and said to my girlfriend "are you done with the noise?". So Bascally I feel this is illegal False advertisement on top of horrible customer service and not handling the situation at all or owning up to the error. Not only do I want a full refund but I want this fixed on there page and to be compensated for being pushed to the side on a serious matter.
Let's clarify this.

Floaters are explicitly excluded from the program.
You wanted a floater.
You're complaining because they wouldn't give you the floater for free.

Is that right?

Proserpina

No, that's NOT what it says. What it says is: Sharing ****tails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets

In other words, it excludes "sharing coc_ktails". It also excludes "floaters". It also excludes "pitchers". It also excludes "tubes". It also excludes "buckets".
I've never seen so many asterisks coming from you ...

... :D :D :D

joey0234

Let's clarify this.

Floaters are explicitly excluded from the program.
You wanted a floater.
You're complaining because they wouldn't give you the floater for free.

Is that right?
well it first started as a simple question, but ended in the bar Manager completely Disrespecting my Girlfriend, he was being extremely sexist and wouldnt even talk to her, he kept talking to me when she was clearly doing the talking.

SO now Im digging deeper into it because I really feel its false advertisement, it shouldnt said excludes sharing buckets, pitchers, and floaters if you cant get them on the cheers beverage program. It shouldnt list that under the excludes on the cheers beverage program at all because its mis leading.

Proserpina

well it first started as a simple question, but ended in the bar Manager completely Disrespecting my Girlfriend, he was being extremely sexist and wouldnt even talk to her, he kept talking to me when she was clearly doing the talking.
Not actionable.

SO now Im digging deeper into it because I really feel its false advertisement, it shouldnt said excludes sharing buckets, pitchers, and floaters if you cant get them on the cheers beverage program. It shouldnt list that under the excludes on the cheers beverage program at all because its mis leading.
You misread or misunderstood the terms and conditions. That's not their problem.

Zigner

Yeah, sucks...write a letter to Carnival - maybe you'll get a coupon.

Huh? How is it misleading to tell you that it doesn't cover those things? :rolleyes:

joey0234

Yeah, sucks...write a letter to Carnival - maybe you'll get a coupon.

Huh? How is it misleading to tell you that it doesn't cover those things? :rolleyes:
It clearly says it excludes sharing floaters, how can I share a floater that I cannot even get?

Zigner

Having taking around a half-dozen Carnival cruises, I have to say that you and/or your girlfriend must REALLY have been out of line if the bar manager got rude with you. I can't recall anything even approaching a "rude" attitude from ANY of the Carnival staff that I've dealt with over the years.

Zigner

It clearly says it excludes sharing floaters, how can I share a floater that I cannot even get?
It DOES NOT SAY "sharing floaters". It says "Sharing c0cktails" and THEN it says "floaters".

Why are you being so obtuse about this?

ETA: I think I'm beginning to see why the bar manager reacted as he did.

joey0234

Not actionable.

You misread or misunderstood the terms and conditions. That's not their problem.

Im missing how im wrong seriously because it clearly says that it excludes items that I cant even get, I feel this is a typo on there part in which they need to honor.

Zigner

Im missing how im wrong seriously because it clearly says that it excludes items that I cant even get, I feel this is a typo on there part in which they need to honor.
Ok, ok - I get it...where's the camera?

joey0234

It DOES NOT SAY "sharing floaters". It says "Sharing c0cktails" and THEN it says "floaters".

Why are you being so obtuse about this?

ETA: I think I'm beginning to see why the bar manager reacted as he did.
lol I get what your saying but starting the sentence with excludes would indicate everything following

joey0234

ive taken multiple carnival cruises and all of them were amazing, me and my girlfriend are quiet people, this particular POS really had no manners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">