• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Canceled an online order. Vendor not refunding

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alfun123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I placed an order for some lamps online. They have a physical location in New York so I thought the whole thing would be a snap. This was back in early December. They charged my credit card ($800). A bunch of excuses later and no lamps, I decided to cancel the order (Beginning of March). Their site said to allow 30 days for credits to be finalized and this was reiterated by the sales guy.

They've been giving me the run around since then and they are hell bent on not returning my money. According to what I've been reading about them online, I'm one of many stuck in the exact situation.

Anything i can try?

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I placed an order for some lamps online. They have a physical location in New York so I thought the whole thing would be a snap. This was back in early December. They charged my credit card ($800). A bunch of excuses later and no lamps, I decided to cancel the order (Beginning of March). Their site said to allow 30 days for credits to be finalized and this was reiterated by the sales guy.

They've been giving me the run around since then and they are hell bent on not returning my money. According to what I've been reading about them online, I'm one of many stuck in the exact situation.

Anything i can try?
Try filing a dispute with your credit card issuer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">