• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cancelled purchase of an engagement ring

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lobergerg

WI is my state of residence.

I placed an order on www.Gordonsjewelers.com for an engagement ring. Retail was around 7,300.00 and the price I bought it at was 1,450.00. The funds were immediately put on hold on my credit card. 5 days later I got an email stating that the order has been canceled. When I emailed them inquiring about the cancellation, they had informed me the reason for cancellation was due to "the ring not passing their intensive quality inspection" They had also informed me the item was no longer available on their website and that they had done a search of their retail stores and could not locate additional inventory.

After a couple minutes research I found that it was still available online (back at retail price), and also available at a few store locations.

I replied to their first email providing my found information asking them to reinstate the order. The next day they emailed me back stating that after further research it had been determined the order had been cancelled due to a pricing error, and that they reserve the right to refuse or cancel orders placed at an incorrect price.

Purchase date: 6/15/16
Cancellation date: 6/20/16

I do not make the kind of money to buy a ring like that for my soon to be fiancé, but was awful excited to be able to give her a ring like she deserves. Is there anything I can do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
WI is my state of residence.

I placed an order on www.Gordonsjewelers.com for an engagement ring. Retail was around 7,300.00 and the price I bought it at was 1,450.00. The funds were immediately put on hold on my credit card. 5 days later I got an email stating that the order has been canceled. When I emailed them inquiring about the cancellation, they had informed me the reason for cancellation was due to "the ring not passing their intensive quality inspection" They had also informed me the item was no longer available on their website and that they had done a search of their retail stores and could not locate additional inventory.

After a couple minutes research I found that it was still available online (back at retail price), and also available at a few store locations.

I replied to their first email providing my found information asking them to reinstate the order. The next day they emailed me back stating that after further research it had been determined the order had been cancelled due to a pricing error, and that they reserve the right to refuse or cancel orders placed at an incorrect price.

Purchase date: 6/15/16
Cancellation date: 6/20/16

I do not make the kind of money to buy a ring like that for my soon to be fiancé, but was awful excited to be able to give her a ring like she deserves. Is there anything I can do? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
http://www.gordonsjewelers.com/helpdesk/index.jsp?display=safety&subdisplay=terms

Pricing

We make every attempt to avoid errors in pricing and product information, but we are human. If a mistake does occur, we reserve the right to correct it, and in our sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any order placed for that item at the incorrect price. All prices listed on this site are in U.S. dollars.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">