• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cell phone Repair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cancyb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Flordia

I took my phone to a guy who advertised that he fixed cracked screens on smart phones ( I know this was a dumb decision). I dropped my phone off with him and within an hour he called me to say that he had accidentally broken the phone even further and now the phone no longer works at all., mind you when I dropped the phone off it still worked and was perfectly usable it just had a cracked screen. He verbally told me that he would either fix the phone or pay for the phone to be fixed or provide me with a new one. I also have this agreement in writing on Facebook messaging. He is now telling me that he does not have the money to fix the phone as stated and he is giving me a week to some pick up the phone before he sells the parts he bought to fix the phone originally. I bought the parts he need first and then after he broke the phone even further he agreed he would buy the part he broke and fix the phone. Mind you this is a Samsung galaxy note II which is a $700 dollar phone give or take a little, and this is why it is such a big deal to me. DO I have any legal standings to make him do what he advertised and told me he would do? If so how much will this normally (a guess within range is fine) cost me?

justalayman

You can hold him liable for the damages he caused That doesn't mean you have to allow him to fix it but he is responsible to "make you whole" in some way or another. If that means him fixing what he broke and you will allow it, then great. If you don't want him to fix it, you can take it somewhere and have it fixed and make a demand from him to reimburse you. If he refuses, you would likely have to sue him. The problem with that is you would still have to collect on the judgement.

OHRoadwarrior

You are entitled to the value of a used, broken, Samsung Galaxy Note II. That said, this sounds like someone of off a web site, not an authorized repair center.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">