• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

chargeback paypal has my items

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

babetta

What is the name of your state? ohio

I receintly sold a lot of items to a buyer that paid with credit card. When they recieved items they done a chargeback with CC co.

The items was shipped to paypal and know paypal will not return items to me until my balance is paid in full.

Do I have a legal action I can take to either persue the buyer for chargeback or paypal for holding items.

My problem is I do nt have this large amount to pay paypal without having items to resell then apply to balance.

The buyer did not read my description that was very detailed and I had many pictures available for him to look at. He done chargeback because he stated to me that he could not resell and make money off of them that he bid to high.

djohnson

To sue seller you would need to do so in his state. Is the cost efficient for you considering the price? I'm trying to figure out the funds. Did you already spend the original funds that was paid for? How did paypal get the items?

babetta

paypal had my items

When credit card company allowed the chargeback the credit card company advised the buyer to ship to the Merchant which was paypal. This is becasue when you use paypal it does not show the credit card co. that the purchase was made from seller is shows that it was with paypal because this is where the payment was processed.

The funds from transaction have already been spent on bills.

So paypal has my items and holding them hostage until I pay them the negative balance caused from chargeback.

babetta

Th amount was 1801.05 and I am being threatened with collections but they will not send me the items So I can resell them to pay paypal back. Oh also they state that if not paid in 90 days I forfeit my right to my items as well.

janedoe23

babetta said:
When credit card company allowed the chargeback the credit card company advised the buyer to ship to the Merchant which was paypal. This is becasue when you use paypal it does not show the credit card co. that the purchase was made from seller is shows that it was with paypal because this is where the payment was processed.

The funds from transaction have already been spent on bills.

So paypal has my items and holding them hostage until I pay them the negative balance caused from chargeback.
Ummmm I think you have it all wrong. Paypal doesn't accept items when they file a chargeback on people's accounts. The buyer still has the items and should send them back to you. Usually if the chargeback was made in order to get something for free then obviously the buyer will not return the items and still get his money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">