• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A company named Expansys-USA sold me a faulty cell phone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jayess99

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 cell phone from this company in July, 2014. I'm not much of a cell phone person, hardly ever use it. Last week I tried to use the data function and get some directions online, but got an error msg saying I had no connection. when I got home I called the phone carrier (Consumer Cellular), they had me check a myriad of possible problems, they finally concluded that the problem is with the phone. I have tried emails, phone calls (I am on hold right now, it's been 49 minutes!), and I can't seem to contact anyone. do I have any legal recourse in this? The US branch of this company is in Illinois. Can I sue them in small Claims court in Florida? I paid $400 for this thing, and I cannot afford to lose that kind of money. I appreciate your help. jayess99

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I bought a Samsung Galaxy S4 cell phone from this company in July, 2014. I'm not much of a cell phone person, hardly ever use it. Last week I tried to use the data function and get some directions online, but got an error msg saying I had no connection. when I got home I called the phone carrier (Consumer Cellular), they had me check a myriad of possible problems, they finally concluded that the problem is with the phone. I have tried emails, phone calls (I am on hold right now, it's been 49 minutes!), and I can't seem to contact anyone. do I have any legal recourse in this? The US branch of this company is in Illinois. Can I sue them in small Claims court in Florida? I paid $400 for this thing, and I cannot afford to lose that kind of money. I appreciate your help. jayess99
It is probably too early to think about a lawsuit. First you need to figure out exactly what the problem is with the phone.

Sending a letter (certified, return receipt requested) that details the problem and your wish for a replacement phone will be more effective than emails (or, apparently, phone calls).

single317dad

Mobile phone resellers and service providers are changing quickly these days. In more and more situations, the best way to expedite service is to contact the company through its online forum. A staff member will usually reply in a short time, and either answer your question or set up a direct contact with a technician.

The proper forum for your technical question regarding a Samsung Galaxy S4 from Expansys-USA is here:

http://www.expansys-usa.com/f.aspx?i=247567

http://www.expansys-usa.com/f.aspx?i=247567

You will probably have to create an account to post your question. I've also seen other requirements that need to be met, such as making 5 moderator-approved posts on other threads before you can receive a PM or start a new thread. Customer service quality in these situations can range from frustrating to maddening.

jayess99, I feel your pain. I recently switched from a certain "blue and white circle" mobile provider to a discount provider available only through the nation's largest retailer. While I save about 50% every month on the 3 lines I pay for, getting someone to help me with issues when they arise is quite an exercise.

Expansys' warranty statement:

http://www.expansys-usa.com/terms/

http://www.expansys-usa.com/terms/

states they will "facilitate the customer's return to the manufacturer" for 6 months. The company's return policy is 15 days. There are instructions at the above page for managing a return. You may find that returning the device directly to the manufacturer without the middle man is easier (or harder). You may also find that getting tech support direct from the manufacturer is easier (or harder).

Also, this statement was at the top of every page I clicked on the company's website today:

Information Due to extraordinarily high volumes of inquiries, we are facing a backlog in our customer service center. Please email all inquiries to [email protected] and we will respond to you as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">